Highlights from the Jan. 10 School Board meeting
The School Board met on Thursday, Jan. 10, with the following items on the agenda:
- Oath of Office for newly appointed Board member, Kathleen McElwee-Stevens;
- Election of Officers, with Ron Kath being elected as Chair;
- Approval of annual organizational items for 2013;
- Approval of the Consent Agenda, including employee retirements, resignations, terminations, leave of absence, new employees/change of status, and a change to the East Ridge High School calendar for the SEC Music Festival;
- A Conversation with local legislators;
- The first readings of FY 2013-14 Alternative Facilities, Health and Safety, Debt Service Fund and Trust Fund Budgets;
- A General Fund budget discussion;
- A report from Superintendent Keith Jacobus on One Hundred Days – One Hundred Visits; and
- Comments and/or committee reports from School Board members.
The meeting video and any supporting documentation are available on the district web site at: http://www.sowashco.k12.mn.us/granicus. Future meetings of the board are set for Thursday, Jan. 24 (7 p.m.) and Thursday, Feb. 7 (6 p.m.).