Each student will select a bacterial pathogen from the list below. They will
then research the microorganism and produce a "Wanted Poster" for the capture
of this dangerous felon.
Get your assigned pathogen write it
in the spot below
1. Fill out a pathogen information sheet for the pathogen selected.
2. Make a wanted poster for your pathogen. The poster should be the size of a
small poster board (construction paper may be used also). The following
information must be included:
creative picture of
How the organism attacks
Most common victims to
Hide out of the culprit
(where it is most likely to be found)
Most common injury done to
Is this organism "armed
and dangerous?"; rate the degree of damage caused
Number of victims
Most effective weapons
against the germ
Any other identifying
Evaluation: (50 pts.)
Completed pathogen information sheet (10 pts.)
Wanted poster covers all
10 required areas. (30 pts.)
Wanted poster is neat,
creatively done, and handed in on time. (10 pts.)
Pathogen Information Sheet
1. Pathogen Name:
2. Disease caused by pathogen:
3. Symptoms of disease:
4. How do you get this disease?:
5. Who gets this disease?
6. How severe is it?
7. How common is it to contract this disease?
8. What precautions need to be taken to prevent getting this disease?
9. What treatment is used to cure the disease?
Bacteria Wanted Poster Evaluation
Form (50 Pts.)
1. Pathogen information sheet (10 Pts.) ______
2. Required areas (30 Pts.):
organism's name _____
Creative picture?) _____
How the organism attacks and
most common victims to prey
hide out of the culprit
(where it is most likely to be found) _____
most common injury done to
is this organism "armed and
dangerous?"; rate the degree of damage caused _____
number of victims _____
most effective weapons
against the germ _____
any other identifying
characteristics -- extra information -- above and beyond _____
3. Wanted poster is neat, creatively done, and handed in on time (10 Pts.) _____